If you find it hard to choose between so many Blackjack bonuses, do not worry! We are here to guide you through the decision-making process by providing accurate and trustworthy information. So, what can you find on this page? The answer is simple: everything you need to know about Blackjack, from its history to best casinos to play it and even the best Blackjack bonuses.
Take a look at every section and draw your conclusions!
A brief history of Blackjack
Blackjack is among the oldest casino games and it quickly gained popularity from the moment it was created. To this day, the game is played by gamers of all ages and you can find it in almost any physical and online casino in the United States and around the world.
Although the actual origins of this game are still under debate, it probably originated in the French casinos around 1700. It was called 'Vingt-et-Un' (Twenty-one), and it derived from the card game 'Chemin de Fer', which was mostly played at the French Royal Court during the reign of King Louis XV. However, there is an earlier reference of this game, dating back to the 1600s, in Miguel Cervantes's short story 'Rinconete y Cortadillo'.
Later, the game reached America through colonists, gaining popularity at the beginning of the 19th century in New Orleans' gambling halls. The rules have, of course, changed during the years, but the main goal remains the same. Nowadays, Blackjack, as we know it, is one of the most popular and easiest to understand table games.
- The name was first given by prospectors during the Klondike Gold Rush (1890s), as the term refers to a mineral which was associated with gold or silver deposits.
- One of the most popular dealers of all time was a woman called Eleanor Dumont, who opened a gambling hall in Nevada City in the 19th
- Napoleon Bonaparte was a big fan of this game, playing it regularly, especially after being exiled.
How and what to play?
This is a very simple game to play. While in other table games such as Poker you have to beat other players to win, this one is all about beating the dealer. If you are new to this game, here are the basics to help you get started:
- Each player is dealt two cards, while the dealer receives only one.
- Players are allowed to draw additional cards so that their total sum reaches 21 (or the closest number that is lower than that).
- Once all players have completed their hands, it is the dealer's turn.
- If the player exceeds 21, he loses (even if the dealer has also exceeded 21).
- If the dealer exceeds 21 and the player does not, the player wins.
- If the player attains a final sum higher than the dealer, the player wins.
The game can be played with one to eight decks of 52 cards. However, the higher the number of decks, the lower your chances to beat the dealer.
Blackjack casinos have quite a few options for gamblers of this kind. If it were to refer to regular titles, users can play:
- Multi-hand: gamble on more than one hand at a time and bet on up to three hands per round;
- Perfect Pairs: this type uses the normal rules but allows an extra side bet at the start of each hand;
- Pontoon: unlike the traditional payout of 3:2, this type allows a payout of 2:1 with both cards appearing face down;
- Face Up 21: the dealer's cards are dealt face-up allowing you to make an early decision about your bet.
You can also play this game in Live Casino. This means that the game is conducted by a real dealer and live streamed to you. Your decisions are taken in real time and in most cases, you can even conversate with the dealer via the live chat. It is the closest thing to going in a real land-based casino which you can enjoy from the comfort of your home.
Be aware: Each Blackjack game has specific rules, and they can vary according to the number of decks. It's better to take a look at these before launching the title and avoid any unpleasant situations.
Why gambling at a Blackjack casino is better
When it comes to playing at a gambling site, all you must do is decide what online casino is right for you and choose from a wide range of Blackjack variations. Although the goal remains the same, the rules can change depending on the game type, as mentioned above.
5 reasons to play online Blackjack
- The minimum bet is lower and never changes (the lowest accepted bet in regular casinos is usually $5 and can fluctuate during busy hours).
- There is always an available table (regular casinos can get crowded).
- There are multiple online variations to choose from, such as Triple 7's, Spanish 21 or Double Exposure.
- Online casinos offer plenty of bonuses.
- Progressive jackpots can be found in several online Blackjack games.
Crucial things to know when playing at online Blackjack casinos
If you are an already experienced player and have played this card game before, you already know how things go. If you are just starting, our experts want to give you some advice to make sure you have a nice gaming session and properly discover this fun game.
Here is what you can do in your next gaming session, based on our experts’ experience with Blackjack:
- Start with the lowest bet and increase it by 1 unit only after winning a game.
- Go back to the original bet amount when you lose.
- Surrendering can be an effective way to reduce losses when you are behind the dealer.
- Enter in games with many decks only if you are an experienced player.
- Do not double down in case you placed a high bet.
- You can double down when you have a 10 or 11 against any lower dealer card.
While experienced players may already have their strategies set, we highly recommend you give these a try. Nevertheless, they are especially good if you are playing for the first time.
- An online game is typically played with multiple decks, which are automatically reshuffled after each hand.
- A $10 progressive bettor (increasing the bet with one unit per hand) may lose twice as much per hour as a $10 flat bettor (betting the same amount for each hand).
What's there to know about live casino Blackjack
A live casino game can take your experience to the next level. The game is displayed in real-time via a live streaming video link.
So how is it different from a regular online game? Well, there is just one difference, but surely one that matters. In a live game, gamblers can directly communicate with the dealer or even with other players, through the chat function. This brings punters closer to a real-life casino experience. And from what we know, we can ensure you that the chat feature will make the game more engaging, and help you improve your gameplay. This way you shall discover how other players think and hear what the dealer replies to them. Remember those live dealers are there to keep the session running smoothly and make sure that everyone enjoys it.
The Live Casino section is present on many online casinos in the US. Aside from the regular tables where you can place lower bets, you also have the option to join VIP tables created for high rollers. There, you can place huge bets, but we only recommend experienced players to join these.
Usually, the game's stakes are displayed before clicking the title, so you can decide if you want to join or not. There are options that start at $50 and can go up to $10,000 or even $15,000.
Top 5 casinos with the highest live Blackjack stakes
How to pick the right casino?
Now that you know what to expect, it's time to choose an online Blackjack casino to register at. In case you don’t know where to start, we will give you some tips:
- Look through the titles selection and list of providers;
- Explore different Blackjack bonuses that the casino offers;
- Check the minimum and maximum bet, as well as the stakes (do not settle for low stakes casinos);
- Go to the 'deposit' section to see all the available payment methods (e.g. debit cards, PayPal, Paysafecard, Skrill, Trustly, Neteller, MuchBetter, Wire Transfer, Pay by phone).
Diversity is very important and luckily for all players, Blackjack is such a popular game that many software providers created their own versions. You can find the classic ones along with innovative and unique variants of the game. Here are the top casino software developers that you should look for when choosing your next Blackjack game:
Best Blackjack providers
|Evolution Gaming, IGT, Play'n Go, NetEnt||50+|
|NetEnt, Evolution Gaming, Play'n Go, 1x2 Gaming, Relax Gaming|
|Evolution Gaming, Microgaming, IGT, Pragmatic Play, Relax Gaming, Felt, Realistic Games, Red Tiger, Play'n Go, Netent|
|1x2 Gaming, Play'n Go, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming, IGT, iSoftBet|
Sometimes, a good option would be looking for Blackjack casinos that offer cashback promotions or even games that incorporate the 'cashback' feature. But what's that? Well, it is simply a button you can press while the hand is in progress, from which you are able to receive an offer to end the game earlier and minimise losses.
Most Playtech casinos offer the “cashback” option, which allows you to try new variations such as Multihand, Perfect Pairs, and others, without worrying about the outcome. This allows you to truly enjoy the fun and pay attention to the game.
What can an online Blackjack bonus offer you?
Bonuses come in many forms. They usually have different rules, conditions, and wagering requirements. That is why you should carefully analyse all your options before redeeming a particular offer. When talking about Blackjack bonuses, we usually refer to bonus funds.
There are many reasons to why you should claim a bonus. First of all, it allows you to increase your funds, and this is an advantage on its own. Even more, if you are at the start of your gambling journey, you want to benefit from these as much as possible to be able to enjoy more games and discover everything the platform you have chosen has to offer.
How to claim an online Blackjack bonus?
This is just as easy as playing the actual game. All you have to do is follow the next steps:
- Click on the button next to the offer to be redirected to the casino's website;
- Create an account by completing your personal details;
- Deposit the required amount;
- Redeem the offer and start playing.
The most popular Blackjack bonuses include:
- Welcome Bonus: after you create an account and make a deposit, you can launch the title and start using your offer; the bonus will be credited automatically in your account;
- Cashback: this ensures a percentage of your losses back. Usually, you must claim it within a timeframe and use a code.
Wagering requirements, means of payment and the required deposit available are probably the first things to look at when you grab such a deal. Do not forget about betting limitations. Some casinos may only allow you to wager a certain amount at once (e.g. 10% of the deposit or bonus funds). It all depends on the website's or provider's policy.
Are you wondering if you can play on mobile?
Blackjack bonuses can also be redeemed on mobile devices, and they work just the same. You can even expect a faster loading time and better graphics. Users who prefer this can either open a browser and type the casino's name or download the mobile app. These are usually available on both the App Store and Google Play. So, charge your device and get ready to experience on-the-go Blackjack.
Recommendation: Not all websites have a high wagering contribution for Blackjack games. However, on our page, you can find some casinos with a 20% rate.
Now that you went through everything, it's time to explore every option in terms of casinos and promotions and pick the best online Blackjack bonus. As we said before, you have to check the titles variety, payment methods and stakes, as well as the terms and conditions, prior to registering on a website and claiming an offer. Also, do not forget all of our useful tips and recommendations.